Sunday 7 October 2012

Live - Stage

What am I thankful for this weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving, for the foreigners)?  To name a few: a great family, good friends, and generally being surrounded by some pretty amazing people.  And to name one more, music.  Where would I be without it?  Well, I'd for sure be leading quite the dull life, and would probably be one of those ignorant college students who religiously downloads the complete MuchMusic countdown.  Something about being the go-to music hipster just works for me.  Hell, no matter how low things seem to get, it's the music (with the help of some ridiculously awesome people) that brings me back up again.

Today I'll be brief, seeing as how it'll only be the tenth of October for another ten minutes.  "Stage" is a song by Live...you know, that band you think you've heard of before.  "I Alone," "Lightning Crashes," or "The Dolphin's Cry"?  No?  I tried.  But then again, two out of three of those songs aren't worth listening to.  It's the gutsy change of pace in "Stage" that brings them from the generic-alt-rock circuit to the band-you-want-to-see-live territory.  Listen and find out.

Most of all, I am thankful for you.  You know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment