Thursday 25 October 2012

The Two - I Wanna Be With You Again

I think we all know by now that music is subjective, objective, ultra-jective...whatever.  Mostly the first one, really.  We all like something different.  Me?  I'm a paradox.  I go from melodic death metal to sweet folk all within the span of ten minutes.  While the loud side of the spectrum is fun, warm mornings for this call for the other end of said spectrum.  Say, why not listen to some sweet Parisian folk music to drown out the sound of buses whizzing by in packs?  Enter The Two, appropriately a duo who reeled me in a while ago with their subdued acoustic number "I Wanna Be With You Again."

"'I Wanna..." is another one of those songs that act as a conversation between lovers.  Fine by me, nine times out of ten these songs are done very well.  The lyrics are expected, I wanna see you again, I wanna see you more but I allow it.  The Two stick to the theme and keep everything where it should be.  Listen closely here.  You don't want to miss the little details that make this song the masterpiece it is.   Now excuse me, I'm compelled to take up guitar again.

No comments:

Post a Comment