Thursday 11 October 2012

Janina Gavankar - Waiting For Godot

It's time to get philosophical on the eve of post 400.  Did anyone else have to read Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot in high school?  Unfortunately, during round one of English, I had to, and coincidentally, my brother is reading it right now for the same teacher.  While I can't admit that my family has a penchant for the absurdist play, I can't rule out that others will find inspiration from it.  Enter Janina Gavankar, who some of you might know from True Blood (I don't watch that show; no cable).  She doesn't only act, she sings too, and her electro-dupstep isn't bad at all, even if it does remind me that I had to retake a course in high school.

"Waiting For Godot" makes the comparison, friends may come and friends may go, but still I say, if I wait for love am I waiting for Godot?  Huh.  If you're slow (no problem, it is 7:30 here as I write this), then you see she ponders if it's worth it to wait for something that will never come.  At least we know disappointment won't come.  You won't be able to call this dubstep, don't you worry.  It's more or less haunting electro, with a slower tempo and an atmosphere worth noting.  Miss Gavankar is well on her way to being a triple threat.

So what do you think?  I'll admit to being an impatient person, but some things are well worth waiting for.  Godot has to come around eventually, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment