Wednesday 3 October 2012

Katy Perry vs. Within Temptation - Our Wide Awake Solemn Hour

Symphonic metal meets pop?  I can dig it.

A certain someone recently got me back into mashups.  If you're a dedicated follower of my blog, you remember The Gaga Mixes and the all things Adele.  So we're all on the same page now?  Good.  Though Mother Monster and Judas Priest will forever be hard to beat, a new challenger appears in the form of Katy Perry dueling with symphonic outfit Within Temptation.  You'd be surprised how well "Wide Awake" works with "Our Solemn Hour."  Sharon den Adel just might be overshadowing Miss Perry...sorry Katy!  And get this: one of my roommates overheard me listening to it a few days ago and called it epic.  There we go.  What does this prove?  We may not be able to expect the unexpected, but if Katy Perry can go symphonic, then what's stopping the rest of us from being awesomely spontaneous?

No comments:

Post a Comment