Monday 15 October 2012

The Burning of Rome - Norman Bates + Butthole Surfers Mix

Death pop?  I can dig it.  The genre belongs to San Diego quintet The Burning of Rome, and today they let us take a look at a song inspired by Mr. Hitchcock's Psycho.  With a title like "Norman Bates" what else could it be about?  The original is a quirky track with fun lines like won't you please stay in my motel and don't be afraid, mother means well.  I've liked using the word cacophony a lot lately, and I think it's fitting here.  You have creepy vocals mixed with a score you've never heard the likes of before.  Also, I'm very partial to the remix by alternative veterans Butthole Surfers.  "Norman Bates" turns into something a little more horror movie and, if it's possible, it's a bit quirkier.  And if you know me, I love things with quirks.

I realize now I could have saved this one for Halloween, but why save something for another fifteen days if it's worth sharing now?



No comments:

Post a Comment