Saturday 13 October 2012

Lana Del Rey - Ride

Miss Lizzy Grant is definitely one of my favourite recording artists right now.  She grew on me, what can I say?  It's something about the soulful pop that gets me every time.  Born To Die is being re-released now, including her new EP Paradise.  Obviously, the lead single of the EP is "Ride," and I can't blame the producers and record label honchos for picking it.  It begins a bit like a church hymnal, leaning on the piano for instrumentals.  Lana begins to croons I've been out on that open road, you can be my full time, daddy, white and gold, but don't worry.  The pick-up always comes.  "Ride" rises to an orchestral-sounding soul ditty by the time the chorus comes.  Now, fair warning, "Ride" is a slower song, but if you're already listening to Lana's older stuff, then you shouldn't have a problem with this.  Hell, if you have problems with slower songs, you might as well exit the page now.

"Ride" is indicative Lana Del Rey.  Lush Americana soul pop, for the forties babes in all of us.  With a genre name like that, where can we go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment