Monday 25 November 2013

50 Cent feat. Ned The Wino - Lay Down (Smoked)

I still think 50 Cent's The Lost Tape is one of the best rap mixtapes that's ever come out (don't tell FKi that, though...).  I always find something new to enjoy from it, and now it's "Lay Down (Smoked)" that comes with the help of Ned The Wino, who doesn't have a Facebook page for me to creep, but I'm sure there's more information out there for the curious.  "Lay Down" is pared-down gangster rap, nothing too aggressive or overpowering (I save that territory for DMX).  50 Cent is his lovely gritty and husky self, and Ned The Wino gives "Lay Down" a nice little twist with variety.  I also like that warped-sounding electric guitar bit that appears throughout the song.  You know I am about electric guitar in rap music.  Dear god.  This isn't "O.J." but it's still pretty high up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment