Friday 15 November 2013

Sarah McLachlan - Good Enough

I'll always be a fan of Sarah McLachlan.  Come hell or high water, I'll stop listening to Protest The Hero or Kanye if it means she'll keep making music.  A few weeks ago I had my music on while I was walking to school, no big deal, when one of her songs came on.  Well, "Good Enough" seemed to be one I wasn't very familiar with before, but after one listen, I knew the only thing to do was share it with the world on the blog.  I seem to have only the alternate version off of The Freedom Sessions, however, and for some reason failed to copy it off of my Fumbling Towards Ecstasy.  Ugh, typical Laura.  Well, I listened to the real version on Youtube, and it's still good, don't get me wrong, but there's something really nice and raw and minimal about the version from The Freedom Sessions that sets it above the rest.  "Good Enough" is dark, but don't you dare tell me it isn't good.  Great, actually.



No comments:

Post a Comment