Wednesday 6 November 2013

A$AP Rocky - Goldie

I've got a bit of A$AP Rocky in my collection, but sadly, this blog hasn't seen much of his music (aside from a Lloyd Banks collab...note to self: reacquaint myself with that one).  He's definitely not a rapper I'd expect to disappear from everyone's radar, because his strength is in his versatility.  Rocky can do the aggressive gangster rap thing, but like he does in "Goldie," the subdued thing works just was well.  The song still retains a good gangster rap sound as well, so there's nothing too soft about this one.  The background beats are very nice, the rhymes are slick, and there's one super-catchy-but-crude (depending on how much of a prude you are) part (mentioned below) that I absolutely love for both the content and flow.  Apparently "Goldie" was meant for Jay-Z, which I can kind of imagine, but Rocky has it now, and he does amazing things with it, just as he'll continue to do into the future.

Tell that bitch, hop up on my dick, rolled up on her quick,
In a six, told her suck a dick, motorboat her tits

No comments:

Post a Comment