Saturday 30 November 2013

Within Temptation - Somewhere

I kind of began the month with Within Temptation, so why not finish it with my favourite Dutch symphonic metal band?  I actually think it was when I posted about "Paradise (What About Us)" that I came across "Somewhere," which is the last track off of 2004's The Silent Force.  There's also a great live version on Youtube featuring Anneke van Giersbergen of The Gathering worth listening to too, and I'll include it with this post.  The original studio version of "Somewhere" is still awesome, and sounds a little bit like Anette-era Nightwish to boot.  It's not a head-banging symphonic number, but rather something a lot slower and orchestral, which seems to be my next big kick these days.  Sharon den Adel is probably the strongest vocally here that I've ever heard from her, even if she's always killing it.  The combination of her sweet vocal work and some really nice orchestra arrangements is what breathes life into "Somewhere,"  and boy, what a life it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment