Sunday 17 November 2013

Chevelle - Mexican Sun

Chevelle never gets old.  I've said this many different times and in many different ways, but it's all the same.  Their music only gets better with age, and I enjoy the classics off of Sci Fi Crimes a little more with each listen.  "Mexican Sun" is part of that album;s holy triumvirate along with "Jars" and "Shameful Metaphors" (which I gave a good listen too earlier with a walk down memory lane).  It's edgy enough to become the sleeper hit of the album, the song that doesn't make it on the radio but worms its way into your head.  "Mexican Sun" is both catchy and very lush.  That chorus....dear god, it just flows in the way that nature intended for music to flow.  Pete Loeffler's vocals are some of the strongest I've heard from his end, and the instrument work from Sam and Dean  build the complete story upon his words.  There are no complaints from me on this one, only that I'm mad you haven't listened to it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment