Monday 11 November 2013

Slipknot - Vendetta

I've been featuring quite a bit of metal lately, but I promise that after today, there will be a touch more variety.  Don't you worry your pretty little head.  We can end this metal run on a good note by looking at my old favourite, Slipknot.  Well, they're still a favourite now, but not the favourite.  Even so, the eight (or the nine, depending on how serious I take my fanship) will always have a special place in my music-loving heart.  "Vendetta" is a favourite from their last (hopefully not last forever) album, All Hope Is Gone, and it's pretty much a good stomp-your-feet-headbang-away nu metal track.  Corey's vocals are softer than you may expect, but still hold a lot of power to each word.  By god, his voice on the bridge is brilliant, and don't even get me started on how the instruments change it up there either.  The guitar work is nice and heavy, and Joey Jordison never ceases to stop killing it on the drums either.  "Vendetta" is a Slipknot song that's more accessible to everyone, though you don't need to be afraid of them.  If a sweet little thing like me could get into them, I bet you could too.

Let's pretend we're not at the end, pretend, that we have nothing left.

No comments:

Post a Comment