Tuesday 19 November 2013

Lady Gaga - Venus

I had to buy the new Gaga album.  C'mon.  I've been around long enough to know how it works.  I picked up Artpop a week ago, the day after it came out, and even paid the extra $12 for the package that came with a Lady Gaga t-shirt.  Perfect.  As a whole, the album doesn't offer much variety, but when you separate all of the songs, the shiniest gems get shinier.  It kind of reminds me of The Fame in sound, but has the edge from The Fame Monster and the glam rock from Born This Way.  She applied everything she's learned before to this one, people.

Aphrodite lady seashell bikini, garden panty, Venus

"Venus" really stood out to me when I gave the album a complete listen-through on an hour-long bus ride last week.  It's dark and edgy glam pop, something that David Bowie himself would be proud of.  The synths and electro elements that Gaga makes use of make the track sound very cosmic, though I shouldn't be surprised, if she's going to be performing in space soon.  The chorus?  Dear lord, I don't know if I've heard something that catchy in 2013 before now.  I hope this becomes the next single off of Artpop, because I'm intrigued about how a music video would look.  Hmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment