Saturday 9 November 2013

Julie Kathryn - In My Dreams

Who is Julie Kathryn, you ask?  Well, she's going to be the next big thing, that's what!  The New York City chanteuse is a hybrid of Norah Jones, Florence + The Machine, and Bebe Black....now that's what I call a winning combination.  Her debut Black Trees is out now, though you can find it for free on Noisetrade if they've still got it there too.  I highly recommend it, because it's one of the best albums I've heard in the past year, no foolin'!

"In My Dreams" is a delicate and soulful track, with dark piano and guitar work and an atmosphere that will have you in an endless slow dance with the man you once loved.  Gah, it's beautiful!  Julie Kathryn's voice is soft, smokey and generally brilliant...this track you don't hear it as much, but sometimes I swear she sounds just like Norah Jones.  It may not scream catchy at first, but "In My Dreams" has a chorus that is bound to get stuck in your head eventually.  This one will be in your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment