Tuesday 26 November 2013

Cats On Trees - Jimmy

My new obsession is French duo Cats On Trees, who were on itunes the other week for free with their English-language "Jimmy."  Gah, itunes always knows how to make me believe again.  You can think of Cats on Trees as the Frenchified version of Stars, but less indie, more art.  After all, they're French, and I love me some artistic French music.  On "Jimmy," Nina Goern's vocals are sweet and delicate, complimented perfectly by her own piano work and percussion work from Yohan Hennequin.  It's piano-heavy, quick-paced indie.  Facebook says they're J-pop, but I think that's just for shits and giggles.  If "Jimmy" is anything, it's catchy, and it won't be long before you know all of the words and can sing along with Nina.  It also won't be long until you're hunting down the rest of their repertoire either.  It might be light indie, but there's something special about "Jimmy" that makes it one of the best tracks I've heard all year, and I mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment