Monday 4 November 2013

Within Temptation feat. Tarja Turunen - Paradise (What About Us)

This blog has been lacking in its usual Nightwish quota, I know, but this still counts.  First, we have Within Temptation.  I'm a big fan of their work, obviously, because they do symphonic metal simply amazing.  That's a fact.  Second, we have Tarja on guest vocals, and just as obvious, I'm just as big of a fan of hers.  This is why I can't believe that "Paradise (What About Us)" only crossed my path by accident, and that I didn't know of the collaboration until a few weeks after it was released.  Well, at least I've got it now.

On "Paradise," Within Temptation's lead Sharon den Adel and Tarja work together like this collab was meant to be all along.  We can dream of Tarja working as the lead of another band, right?  This is a big epic symphonic number that reminds me of Dark Passion Play-era Nightwish, but if Tarja was a part of it.  Yeah, "Paradise" is Nightwish-y, but you have to kind of anticipate that with the original lead hanging around.  That point aside, it's catchy.  I get this song stuck in my head regularly, and to stand out in the symphonic metal world, you need to be memorable to get by.  Within Temptation gets by, and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment