Wednesday 13 November 2013

Panic! At The Disco - Far Too Young To Die

My sister has kind of taken over the Panic! at the Disco fandom in our house, but I don't mind.  As long as they keep making music, electronic alternative or not, I'll keep listening.  Case in point, I finally got my hands on their Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die!  I'll start out by saying one thing: major improvement from the last album.  This one is a lot more cohesive, and dare I say it, I hear some of their electronic roots in this one.  It's still Brendon Urie and Spender Smith kicking around, but tour bassist Dallon Weekes is now an official member too.  Maybe it's him that makes this the best Panic! album since Pretty. Odd.?  Maybe, but if the band is known for anything, it's for changing it up regularly.

"Far Too Young To Die" is one of the tracks with electronic roots.  There's the synth, first of all, that reminds me of a Diamond Rings song, and all of those beeps, sounds and doodads on top of that, that really show how that band has grown from the days of A Fever You Can't Sweat Out.  Brendon Urie isn't as vocally strong here as other tracks, but he really gets this feeling of desolation into his words.  It's the desolate electronic genre that speaks to me just as much as melancholy rap does.  And the chorus on this one?  Dear god, that's lush.  Panic! at the Disco surprised me with this album, so here's hoping they keep doing just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment