Monday 24 June 2013

Battle Beast - Black Ninja

June may be a busy month for me, but I still take the chance to blog whenever I can spare the ten or fifteen minutes to listen to a song and post about it.  Let me make up for a long absence by revisiting a group that can only be described as a female-fronted Iron Maiden.  That's right, it's Battle Beast.  I was sad to see Nitte Valo go in 2012, but this Noora Louhimo character isn't half bad.  In fact, she's pretty damn good at what she does.  She gives us sweet-symphonic-esque before shocking us with something that Bruce himself would be proud of.

"Black Ninja" comes off their new self-titled album, and I can picture this as an Iron Maiden song.  I won't lie about that.  The verses are very mysterious and atmospheric, but a hard-rocking chorus brings everything together in a nicely contrasting way.  Noora's got it here.  The instrumental work is also very nice, nothing too hard while at the same time not being too soft.  This is the perfect metal song for the summer of 2013; who knew something that sounds like British heavy metal could come out of Finland?

No comments:

Post a Comment