Thursday 13 June 2013

Britney Spears - Break The Ice

Little known fact: The first album I ever owned was Britney Spears' Oops...I did it again! from all the way back in 2001.  I was a big fan, and after a little lull during high school, I'm back to liking her once again.  The newer Blackout and Circus are my personal favourites, but the only two albums I'm missing since they came my way via my best-friend-neighbour.  Blackout gave the world one of my favourites, a little song with a good video that goes by "Break The Ice."

I used to worry about what Britney's career would be like after In The Zone, but "Break The Ice" gave me faith that she wouldn't be stuck in the world of bubblegum pop forever.  It's a little harsh, pulsing with electronic beats and some nice synth work.  Ms. Spears does it hardcore here, and she does it very well.  She'd grown up and matured in 2008, and despite a few personal hiccups, the music came out stellar.  "Break The Ice" is seductive, and I hope the travels down this route again for her eighth album.

No comments:

Post a Comment