Sunday 9 June 2013

Dark Dark Dark - Trouble No More

I've regrettably been sitting on some Dark Dark Dark for the excess of two years now.  Can you blame me?  I just want them all to myself!  The Minneapolis collective is woodsy and folky, but there's something modern about what they do at the same time.  Nora Marie Invie and her vocals may be the source of this conundrum, but I have no problem with that.  She sounds like Alanis-meets-Norah in "Trouble No More," an accordion-fueled ditty that seemed strange to me two years ago, but has since become a classic of my library.  It has an old-world feel to it, but the vocals and acoustic touches bring it back to our time.  "Trouble No More" almost makes me want to return to the old country to see my family's old farmland, and feeling some connection to a song is what makes it truly golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment