Wednesday 26 June 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Despair

I haven't really decided if I like the new stuff that's been coming from Yeah Yeah Yeahs (I'll always be a "Gold Lion" girl), but Mosquito really isn't that bad.  It's different from what I'm used to from the band, but then again, there's nothing wrong with trying something new.  I got "Despair" thanks to one of those free song download cards they give out at Starbucks, and what I like about it is that it's so different.  I like Karen O rough around the edges, but here she's...soft.  Anything is possible.  "Despair" sounds kind of like a more-rocking version of Metric, with whimsical vocals and impressive guitar work.  If this is where Yeah Yeah Yeahs are headed now, I think I'll be okay in the long-run, though I still wouldn't mind some gritty pieces of the past stopping in for a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment