Wednesday 19 June 2013

Fleetwood Mac - Second Hand News

I remember ages ago when my mom brought home Rumors on CD, excited that she could finally listen to her favourite songs again.  Being the brat I was back then, I groaned ewww and went back to my Simple Plan and Sum 41 (well, who's laughing now?).  Eventually I caved and gave Fleetwood Mac a try, as part of my quest to have as much music as possible, and I was surprised.  I was very surprised.  Young Laura learned from her mistake of being quick to judge music just because it's old, and look where we are now.

"Second Hand News" was the track that first stood out to me, probably because it was so different from what I was listening to back in 2005 and 2006.  There's something about this blend of folk and rock that simply speaks to me, with a bigger-than-all-of-us quality while still sounding very minimal.  Putting that kind of special something into music is what makes the world go 'round, and really, I can't do it justice with my words alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment