Sunday 16 June 2013

Chevelle - Saferwaters

Who knew that a little more than two years ago, I would have a blog with 600 posts to my name?  I sure didn't!  I figured this would fizzle out the same way other projects had, though I'm happy to hit this milestone.  As I've done in the past, the 100 marks are reserved for the songs that are especially awesome.  They're out there, don't you worry, and of course, one of them belongs to my forever faves of Chevelle.

It was 2008 I got Vena Sera, one of my absolute favourite albums (after Sci Fi Crimes, of course).  It's a collection of lush whimsy, and nothing on that CD beats "Saferwaters."  Fitting with the title, the song has a very aquatic atmosphere (I'm not sure how, but I can't argue with the sounds), and is the lushest of all lush things to exist.  The Loeffler crew knows a thing or two about making really nice and organic music, and "Saferwaters" is some of their best work ever.  The vocals are delicate on the verses, but powerful on the chorus, and every word is filled with meaning.  Then again, I can't do it justice just like this.  A listen will make it go full circle.

It took 600 posts to get this up, but some things are well worth the wait.  Here's to 600 more.

No comments:

Post a Comment