Friday 14 June 2013

Spacegoat - Black Glow

I usually take my brother's music suggestions in earnest, because half of the time he sends me Youtube videos with good intentions, but the other half it's a battle to see who can find the weirdest song there is.  Spacegoat comes from the former category, and I found myself falling head over heels with one listen.  Think of them as Mexico's version of Christian Mistress, blending rock and metal with some stoner and doom elements.  It's a combination, along with a female lead, that gets me every damn time.

"Black Glow" is a stunning work of art, and has me itching to make a spontaneous weekend trip to Monterrey.  Gina RĂ­os kills it on vocals and guitar, and the remainder of the band keep up with no mercy.  This is exactly what I like, mainly because I've seen it before with Christian Mistress, but you can never have too much of a good thing, right?  There are differences, don't you worry.  "Black Glow" is simply a nice introduction to Spacegoat.  Very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment