Monday 10 June 2013

Deftones - Swerve City

I'm riding this big Deftones kick now.  I'm not really sure where it came from, but I can point a finger at "Swerve City."  It showed up on the side of my Youtube page one day, as a recommended for you video.  I liked them enough already, so I figured "why not?"  Now look where I am, going through all of their songs one-by-one to find the library-worthy tracks.  Look at me!  Well, I can't complain too much, because this is some good shit, people.

"Swerve City" is off of the newest Koi No Yokan, and was released as a single earlier this year with a video coming later.  The track itself has a bit of a lost-in-the-wild-west feel to it, and Chino Moreno kills it with that voice of his.  Wow.  The guitar work also has the really lush and organic feel to it, like this is simply what you'll hear riding a horse through the desert.  I wish.  The boys of Deftones have created something magical here, and Chi Cheng would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment