Tuesday 18 June 2013

Metric - Blindness

The first real concert (that means I don't count the Britney Spears impersonator) I went to was Metric, when they played in Windsor back in 2010.  I was able to sneak in when my friend had an extra ticket, and boy, that day was fabulous...even though I had beer poured on me.  Emily Haines killed it on stage, and I don't think I'll ever forget the band's performance of "Stadium Love," but another song off of Fantasies holds a special place in my heart.

"Blindness" is an alternative work of art, that slowly rises in power until you've got something genius on your hands.  The electric guitar work isn't overpowering, but just as strong as it needs to me.  It's fuzzy, and it's whimsical.  Emily Haines is softer than usual on this track as well, but don't count her out.  She always packs a punch at the end.  "Blindness" is simply a song that you enjoy because it is beautiful.  No more, no less.  Just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment