Monday 17 June 2013

Daft Punk - Instant Crush

I love Daft Punk as much as the rest of the world should, but after hearing their new "Get Lucky," I found myself a little leery about their new album, Random Access Memories.  I know that I should base things on one track, but it just wasn't what I expected.  Even so, I gave some more of their new stuff a fair chance, and luckily found a track that I could fall in love with.  "Instant Crush" is in the vein of "Something About Us," perhaps the 2013 update.

"Instant Crush" isn't the Hawaiian-alt-electro stuff that goes along with "Get Lucky."  It stays true to Daft Punk's roots, and reminds me of some of their old work while still sounding very now.  It's a delicate and sweet ditty, powered by lovely guitar work with a synth-filled chorus.  "Instant Crush" is the perfect combination of alternative and electronic music, in perfect harmony.  It may sound a little sad, but it won't make you feel anything but happy.  The song is roommate-approved too, if that says something.

No comments:

Post a Comment