Saturday 15 June 2013

Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire ft. Adrian Marcel & Joe Black - Hoes I Don't Remember

My new favourite solo rapper, Brooklyn's Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire, satisfied my need for subdued-but-power-packing rhymes very recently.  Kismet is the name of his new mixtape, which I downloaded about a week ago.  It's so far better than the last one I got, and I've already got my favourites.  "Cherry Raindrops" and "I Was Drunk When I Wrote This" are indicative of the man's style, but there's something about "Hoes I Don't Remember" that speaks to me.

Wonder if you're guilty when you look in his eyes
Wonder why you're here, you're only wasting my time

"Hoes I Don't Remember" gets some help from Adrian Marcel and Joe Black, both unknown to me, but with a lot of potential to be known.  The trio works together to give this track some soul and flavor, reminiscing about hoes of the past, and wondering what could have become of them now.  It could have been cliché, but "Hoes I Don't Remember" stays in stable territory, and though it's no club-thumper, this is what it was meant to be all along.

I'm not saying that I love you, I'm not saying that I miss you
I'm just saying that I'm older and I never will forget you

No comments:

Post a Comment