Tuesday 25 June 2013

Kanye West - Black Skinhead

So what if Kanye spawned a child with the Antichrist?  I can put his personal life aside to enjoy his music, and you bet your ass I was at the mall at 9:30 a.m. last Tuesday to get Yeezus.  My collections wouldn't have been complete without it...literally.  It's definitely a lot different than what I've gotten from him before, and while it's good to be different, new music also needs to be good.  No worries there.  Yeezus is an artistic cacophony that showcases all of the hard work Kanye put into this.

"Black Skinhead" was the first track to speak to me.  I'm not sure if it was Kanye's aggressive lyrics, the industrial-jungle beats, or a strange combination of the two, but it's got me.  This shows the growth he's developed as an artist since My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and I'm happy to see it.  "Black Skinhead" is pure power and energy, and the closest I'm ever going to get to Kanye death growling.  I'm devoted, and you know it.  Oh Kanye, as long as you keep making albums, I'll be buying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment