Monday 3 June 2013

Bedouin Soundclash - When The Night Feels My Song

I know that Thursday is usually reserved for being a throwback day, but have I ever been one to follow the rules?  Not really.  That's why we're getting a blast from the past today.  I was in grade 8 when I got Big Shiny Tunes X, so that would be the end of 2005 when it came into my life.  That compilation was my first step of diving into the world of metal, because if I didn't get it, I would have never heard "No Transitory" by Alexisonfire, and my obsession with the only band ever never would have skyrocketed.  However, there was something else on that album.

"When The Night Feels My Song" is the song that made Toronto's Bedouin Soundclash known.  It's not as reggae or ska as some of their other work, but I can never say no to an acoustic guitar.  The song is a very mild-mannered and sweet selection, but that's where its beauty comes from.  "When The Night..." is what you listen to on a sunny day, strolling down the street with your hands in your pockets while admiring all that is around you.  It makes you feel good, and that's what music should do, make you feel something.

No comments:

Post a Comment