Saturday 8 June 2013

Rachel Goodrich - Light Bulb + ANR Remix

Okay, so I've been gone for a while, but I'm allowed a few days away to have great fun and some distance from the laptop.  I didn't even miss the old boy, but it was waiting patiently on my desk for me when I returned home this afternoon.  Now everything is in order, and the routine of daily blogging will start again (unless I have another spontaneous trip in the works).  Following my queue of songs, today we explore the work of Miami's Rachel Goodrich for some good and quirky fun.  After all, she calls her genre of work "shake-a-billy."

"Light Bulb" is a quirky little acoustic number, complimented by the kazoo and a small cacophony of whistles and whatnot.  It kind of reminds me of something that should be on the soundtrack of a strange indie movie, but the best part is that it's good.  Real good.  It's different, but it grabs you by the hook and reels you in for more.  I actually heard the ANR remix before the original, and boy, they're two different sides of the spectrum.  ANR makes "Light Bulb" a little more accessible to those who don't like quirky folk, but it still has magic to it.  Think more pop, less folk, all good.  You dig it?



No comments:

Post a Comment