Thursday 20 March 2014

Ancient Bards - All That Is True

Let's begin a week's worth of metal with a band that only needs a slight introduction.  My Italian metal love is all for Ancient Bards, and the best thing about them now is that they have an album coming out at the end of April...also Sara Squadrani and dem pipes.  Their holy trinity of their last album, Soulless Child, is "Valiant Ride," "Through My Veins," and today's gem and a half: "All That Is True."  Remember how I always say that long songs need to be epics?  This one is pushing ten minutes, but it is nothing short of epic.

What "All That Is True" has is what I love the most from Ancient Bards.  It's symphonic metal heaven.  There's no growling like in "Through My Veins," but it's got piano, a chorus of singers, and as you hoped, the metal guitars and percussion that just won't quit.  Sara's voice is on par, weaving a tale of love and heartache that builds slowly, but rises to an incredible finish.  I always get to my heart, you're all that is true stuck in my head too.  The band's strength is in transporting the listener to another place in another world, and completely falling into the story.  I'm falling into the story and falling in love with the love of "All That Is True."  They slay it here, and it's getting me antsy for the next album.

No comments:

Post a Comment