Monday 10 March 2014

The Earls of Mars - Poor Whores Petition

This may be common thing on this blog one day: today's song has come from Reddit.  Yes, Reddit of all places.  I subscribe to a few music subreddits, though I can't remember which one led me to the UK's The Earls of Mars.  Their brand of rock is a little eccentric, perhaps a cross between System of a Down and Stone Sour, maybe with some Avenged Sevenfold in there.  Don't worry, they're good!  Really good, in fact.  "Poor Whores Petition" is the track I chose to go with today, because in less than three minutes, it got me.  Oh, it got me good.  It has a very grand kind of feel to it, but at the same time, it's yanked back just enough that "Poor Whores Petition" doesn't get totally out of control.  It's eccentric, but also refined to some degree, with enough crazy to always keep you coming back for more.  Believe me, you'll be coming back sooner than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment