Friday 7 March 2014

Violent Femmes - I Hate The TV

There's something perfect about Violent Femmes music...period.  The Add It Up compilation still stands as one of my favourite Value Village purchases, and one of my favourite albums of all time.  It just has everything you like about the band...and more.  Today's "I Hate The TV" was actually unreleased before appearing on Add It Up, though why they would keep it from us until 1993, I'll never know.  It's actually been stuck in my head on and off since I added it to my blog playlist, mostly the lines it's kiiiiiiiiillinng me and I hate the president! repeated over and over.  The track has that late-80's-early-90's flavor to it, with a healthy dose of California rock, but it still retains to quirky touches that I always enjoy from the band.  Mind you, it's a short song coming it at two minutes and ten seconds, but when that time has passed, you're probably going to want to come back to "I Hate The TV."  I guarantee it (damn Reddit memes are rubbing off on me...).

No comments:

Post a Comment