Thursday 27 March 2014

Lady Gaga - Bad Romance

Though "G.U.Y." seems to be the big thing right now, I'm still jamming to an older incarnation of Lady Gaga.  "Bad Romance" was the song that really got me into Mother Monster, and I'm still obsessed with it.  Even back then, she was artfully creating pop music.  "Bad Romance" definitely has a lot to it too, but she does it with such mastery and grace that everything works.  It's weird, definitely, and a dark kind of pop that can be hard to find these days.  Well, if you want weird, you'll have to watch the music video, but I remember watching it over and over again when I was a teenager, jaw dropped at every outfit she pulled out (that rocket bra at the end...where can I get one?) and getting ra ra ah ah ah roma romama gaga ooh la la stuck in my head for days at a time.  Though I listened to The Fame when it came out, the Lady Gaga I really fell for was in "Bad Romance," but at the heart of it, the romantic affair I have with this song is anything but bad.

2 comments:

  1. That's always been one of my favourites. :) I like "G.U.Y" too, but I have to say so far "Venus" and "Donatella" have been my favourites from Artpop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Venus! That's probably the song from Artpop that I listen to the most :p

    ReplyDelete