Monday 31 March 2014

Billy Talent - Burn The Evidence

While we're on the topic of guilty pleasure music, then my biggest guilty pleasure in music is Billy Talent, especially their second album.  We've probably been down this road before, but I'll say it again.  Their alternative rock is always catchy and always wonderfully crafted, and Ben Kowalewicz's voice always speaks to me (I've probably mentioned this before too, but the band went to the same high school as my boyfriend, though at different times, of course).  So even if they're not the band you'll get street cred for liking, I'll still be enjoying the band.  Today's track, "Burn The Evidence," comes from that lovely second album, and it's kind of dark and creepy, but it has the same elements you expect from the ban (the chanting-like thing they do on the chorus...you either love it or hate it).  "Burn The Evidence" is the last track on Billy Talent II, and I always vouch for the final track being a little weird, and the band definitely did that.  It doesn't sound like their bread-and-butter songs do, and maybe that's why I like it so much.  I am one who enjoys the weirder things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment