Wednesday 12 March 2014

Flogging Molly - The Cradle of Humankind

Flogging Molly has grown on me quite a bit, ever since P.S. I Love You and when my brother put Speed Of Darkness on my computer a few years ago.  It's not their loud and guitar-heavy stuff that appeals to me, though.  My favourite Flogging Molly songs are the quiet and subdued numbers that build and rise into some kind of awesome crescendo.  Acoustic stuff is good too, of course.  "The Cradle of Humankind" is more piano-driven, which I always have a hard time saying no to in music, and Dave King is once again amazing on vocals.  And the violins?  Oh, don't you even get me started on those wonders.  "The Cradle of Humankind" isn't something to be scared of if Irish music isn't your cup of tea; it's a song to embrace, and one that will ease you into the genre.  So....get on it!

)

No comments:

Post a Comment