Sunday 30 March 2014

Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCX - Fancy

Now and then I have music that falls into the guilty pleasure pile, and Iggy Azalea is in that pile.  Her poppy brand of hip-hop and rap is a breath of fresh air, and if she's collaborating with Charli XCX (that darling angel pop princess), then who am I to turn down something like "Fancy"?  The video is a good throwback to those days I'd watch Clueless when I got home from school, but the music is something else.  "Fancy" isn't as proper as the title may lead on.  Iggy has a great throaty voice that gives her rap a dirty (but good kind of dirty) quality.  Combined with some minimal-electro backing beats and Charli on the chorus and bridge, "Fancy" is nothing but a good time.  Though Charli may not be up to the vocal abilities she's at on her own, it works here, and there's nothing I can really complain about, other than the fact that I want to watch Clueless now...

No comments:

Post a Comment