Monday 17 March 2014

Ellie Goulding - Dead In The Water

Ellie Goulding can prove to be a little, you know...mainstream for me.  She has a unique voice in her scene, but what she does isn't too out of this world.  Well, you know how I love to be proven wrong, right?  "Dead In The Water" kind of proved me wrong, as a part of that water-themed playlist I found on Tumblr and have mentioned before here and there (remember "In The Sea"?  That was a good week).  I think the main reason why I like it is that Ellie isn't relying on any heavy production to get emotion and feeling across.  "Dead In The Water" is very minimal, which you can never go wrong with.  You've got her vocals, and later on some nice string arrangements, and some light sound effects throughout that never outshine Ellie.  And when you put her all by herself, Miss Goulding sounds even more powerful.  If there's any lesson from "Dead In The Water," it's that there's beauty in simplicity, and maybe water-themed songs are my new bread and butter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment