Thursday 6 March 2014

Robotanists - On/Off The Ledge

I'm not done with indie yet!  Robotanists lean towards the pop side of the indie spectrum, but there's maybe a dash of alternative in there, and maybe some jazz elements to keep things interesting.  "On/Off The Ledge" is something that I've been sitting on for some time, but it's worth it, I swear.  Some things get better with age.  The keyboard may be my favourite part about this track, mainly because of its jazzy whimsy, but this five-piece is all strength to me.  Lead Sarah (last name not given on Facebook), has some kind of strange Emily Haines quality to her, but this song is more or less Metric with Fiona Apple at the helm...which I'd like to see in the future.  But "On/Off The Edge" is a fine piece of piano-driven indie pop, and it'll catch you like it caught onto me.

No comments:

Post a Comment