Tuesday 21 January 2014

10 Years - Now Is The Time (Ravenous)

I'm back with another 10 Years song!  So in fact, I have gotten more into them between now and the acoustic version of "Soma."  I did struggle to find a good and catchy alternative song of theirs to feature, because some actually wasn't my cup of tea, but I found a bit of nostalgia in "Now Is The Time (Ravenous)."  The track reminds me of my alternative phase back in high school, when I was obsessed with Evans Blue and only slowly beginning to get heavier with Disturbed and Slipknot.  The guitars are heavy enough for the genre, the vocal work is superb and a little reminiscent of Wonder What's Next-era Chevelle, and there's just something dark and mysterious about "Now Is The Time."  Needless to say, I'm all in now.

No comments:

Post a Comment