Thursday 30 January 2014

In This Moment - Whore

Maria Brink and the boys of In This Moment have been high on my list of favourite metal bands ever since I first heard "The Promise."  Now look where I am!  I can't get enough of them!  Well, everything you thought you knew about In This Moment has changed now, with "Whore."  It's rare that songs can just be so special and wonderfully done, that you instantly know you're never going to get tired of this.  That's my opinion on "Whore."  This is the best work that I've ever seen from In This Moment.

"Whore" has strength in its power and intensity, which you might except with a track title like that, but it still exceeds your expectations.  Maria Brink is amazing, and this may be as vocally strong as I've heard her (with hefty competition from "The Promise," I won't lie).  The instrumental side is something else entirely.  The guitar work isn't too thrashy or quick, but kind of this slowed-down industrial skew to their usual metal, and it's something that they've been doing a lot lately...and need to do more of.  "Whore" is angry and rough, but when you sit down and listen to it, you still get the beauty behind all of the grittiness.  Now I wish that I could scream like Maria Brink...

No comments:

Post a Comment