Thursday 2 January 2014

GLC - Angry Birds

December was a rough month for this blog, hell, 2013 was a rough year for it too, but I can say now that I'm back.  No more need to worry over me.  What better way to begin this year (well....yesterday's post was really the beginning, but just work with me here) than with a nice good rap song?  Answer: there is no better way.  I've been sitting on "Angry Birds" from Chicago's GLC for a while now, so it's about time it made its debut here.  Produced by DJ Ayres, the track is one of those good ol' melancholy rap ditties that is nothing too heavy, but still hits you full-force with the sputtering beats, and the feeling that this is what all rap should be like.  "Angry Birds" has nothing in common with the game that is most likely its namesake; not cartoonish or over-the-top.  GLC knows exactly what he's doing here, and it's brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment