Saturday 11 January 2014

A Static Lullaby - Charred Fields of Snow

It always comes back to metal, doesn't it?  Or in this case, it always comes back to post-hardcore, doesn't it?  Back in high school I was a regular post-hardcore princess, always hunting through Amazon to find the next amazing thing in the genre.  While I'm not as big of a fan of post-hardcore as I used to, I still enjoy the music to some degree, and bands like A Static Lullaby give me a certain kick of nostalgia.  I got ...And Don't Forget To Breathe when I was in grade eleven or twelve, I can't remember exactly, and it's really full of post-hardcore gems.  There's the classic "Love To Hate, Hate To Me," "A Sip of Wine Chased With Cyanide," and today's "Charred Fields of Snow."

"Charred Fields of Snow" likes to come up a lot when I listen to my library on shuffle, so I suppose it was trying to speak to me in order to get a feature.  As a post-hardcore song, it has the classic elements of pieces of punk, nice screaming, clean vocals where they're needed, and that fast-tempo feeling you have to headbang along too.  Wait until you get midway through the song with now I dispose of you...though you may be headbanging long before that.  I think of the sound as a cross between AFI and Thursday.  "Charred Fields of Snow" has that desolate hardcore feeling, but there's also something twisted and punky to it.  Lyrically, A Static Lullaby has strength as well, and this is no exception.  Hell, if I keep listening to this, it won't be long before you guys find me in a moshpit somewhere.

Oh yeah, since the only video I could find from Youtube was put to anime clips and I'm not uploading third party content and getting my account deleted again...this will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment