Sunday 12 January 2014

Marilyn Manson - The Love Song

I'm still riding the Marilyn Manson kick that started last year, after I copied all of those CDs that I got from my brother's friend.  He's not an artist you should be intimidated by, and industrial metal shouldn't scare you either.  You take away the theatrics and only look at the music, and you have alternative metal music that's actually fairly accessible (though maybe not for everyone, I'll admit).  "The Love Song" is a slightly satirical piece about America and the 3 G's: God, guns and government, and there's lots of weaponry-related lyrical content to boot.  So yes, it's strong lyrically, but what I like about "The Love Song" is that it's industrial-sounding without getting carried away.  And as always, Marilyn Manson puts so much power into his words that we could light up the entire world with Holy Wood.  Just listen to the chorus and tell me you don't want to mosh.  That seems to be a recurring theme now that I think about it...looks like some moshing is in order...

No comments:

Post a Comment