Tuesday 28 January 2014

Arcade Fire - Joan of Arc

My sister got Reflektor for Christmas, but I probably would have gotten my hands on it eventually if she didn't.  There's an unwritten law in Canada that you have to like Arcade Fire, but it's not that hard of a law to follow at the same time.  The Suburbs was fantastic, and I actually think that Reflektor is even better.  All in all, it's really just hard to go wrong when it comes to Arcade Fire.  Of both discs of the album, "Joan Of Arc" is my choice of song to feature.  Where it succeeds in is, well, every corner.  We start of with a quick and fast-paced opener, but then "Joan Of Arc" becomes something a little more smooth and with a bit of a swing to it.  It's not too much, but it's not too little either...just right.  It's just a song that you can't help but tap your foot to, and sing along with the chorus to boot.  Lyrically, it's a loose interpretation of the Joan of Arc tale, directly or indirectly, though I think it's more of a figurative thing to keep in mind.  So there you have it.  Everything works, and everything is great.  Typical Arcade Fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment