Wednesday 22 January 2014

LP - Tokyo Sunrise (Live)

Okay, are you ready?  I'm going to let you in on a secret.  LP is the best artist you've never heard of, and if you have heard of her, then we must talk more.  I found her when I was going through more Game of Thrones playlists on Tumblr, and was very happy with my discovery.  Her alternative-indie-rock-pop is something out of this world, and even though she wrote Rihanna's "Cheers," we can forgive her and move on to what is really important here.  Her last album, 2012's live EP Into The Wild is brilliant, and "Tokyo Sunrise" is coming out on top.

Wherever you go, as far as Tokyo, I can say I'll see you again.

"Tokyo Sunrise" pulses with acoustic power and vocal work from LP that is as smokey and gritty as it is beautiful.  She's kind of like indie-alt's answer to Amy Winehouse, since I love to make obscure comparisons like that.  Also, for a live track, it doesn't have anything like that sub-par live sound that you sometimes get with the more mainstream artists.  There's something magical and full of whimsy in "Tokyo Sunrise," and it draws you in for more.  So now that you're in the know, get on this one, because you'll thank me when you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment