Wednesday 15 January 2014

The Bravery - Hatefuck



The Bravery is a band that I should be very familiar with by now, since I've heard enough about them to probably write a book, but it's easy to get behind with everything.  You know how it is.  So it's about time I got "Hatefuck," off of 2009's Stir The Blood.  Sure, it's punk, but I don't think that it's the punk you think it is.  The track has a really nice indie-alt flair to it, and I can respect that.  Lead Sam Endicott sounds like a better version of Brandon Flowers here, and put to those catch guitar chords and percussion that just won't quit, we get something...perfect.  "Hatefuck" is kind of throwback punk, with a modern twist to keep us wanting more.  The lyrics?  Gah.  The only thing that I ask, love me mercilessly.  That just about sums everything up for me in one complete sentence.  So don't be like me and fall behind, get into this already.

No comments:

Post a Comment