Sunday 26 January 2014

Swollen Members - Devil

I don't think I'm ever going to find a rap group that I enjoy more than Swollen Members.  Believe me, I've looked, but there's not really anything better than Madchild, Prevail and Rob The Viking getting together and making amazing things.  I'm always going to have my eyes and ears open for new things when they come out, but by god, what a collection of music they've left us already, and I have all of it.  *Insert evil laughter*  2011's Dagger Mouth is still a gem, and "Devil" is still a diamond.

"Devil" has the side of Swollen Members that's deliciously creepy and also more on their aggressive side.  While I always enjoy their more subdued work, "Devil" is a happy medium between things like "Moonshine" and most of what was on Armed To The Teeth.  Everything works as it should, resulting in a track is very well-balanced.  "Devil" is something that will get your shoulders moving, but isn't too far into club-track territory that you won't feel guilty about enjoying it so much.  As usual, Madchild and Prevail are on point with some slick raps, and when it's all said and done, they leave you feeling better than you did what you started.  Good music should be that refreshing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment