Saturday 25 January 2014

Bastille - Daniel In The Den

I keep finding more things that I like from London's Bastille...so I really should just go out and get the album from me.  I can compare them to the alt-pop counterpart of Mumford & Sons, if I must, and have yet to find something that I don't like.  Case in post: "Daniel In The Den."  It loosely reminds you of the Daniel in the lion's den story, but there's nothing preachy about this one.  The track is more of a tale of being progressive and a dreamer, and then being crossed by those you once loved.  The winner here is not only the lyrical content and story, but that delicate piano, that touch of choral sound, and Dan Smith vocals.  He sounds like a more exciting version of Chris Martin, if you ask me.  Hell, the whole band is really a more exciting version of Coldplay, forget the Mumford & Sons comparsion I made earlier.  "Daniel In The Den" is just another example of the power Bastille has plenty of, and if this is what they're doing on their first studio album, then I see them coming back to my blog a lot more in the future.

For every king that died, oh they will crown another.

No comments:

Post a Comment